Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sending 31 contacts to excel

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Sending 31 contacts to excel

I have a database of about 2000 and my customer wants me to send them a list of thirty one contacts in an excel format so they can use for mailing. I have no idea how to create this 31 contact group or how to export to excel. I really need a step by step procedure.

Am using Act 2009  11.0

Thaks

john

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author componentsales
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sending 31 contacts to excel

Assuming you have Act! and Office integrated...

If you have a field to key off of, you can do a Lookup by that field to get your list of 31 contacts onto the Contact List view.  If you do not have a specific field to perform a Lookup with, you can go to the Contact List view and pare down your list by highlighting contacts and using the 'Lookup Selected' option.

Once the Contact List shows only the 31 contacts you desire:

- you can customize the data shown and change it to just the fields you desire.

- to customize > while on Contact List view > go to View > select Customiz Columns option.  The right column contains the fields that will be shown in the List view.

Once the Contact List has been pared down and customized:

- there is an icon on the tool bar called 'Export to Excel'. 

- click on this icon and it will open/create an Excel spreadsheet with the data displayed on the Contact List view.

Your list is now in Excel and you can edit/save it as you would any Excel spreadsheet.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author componentsales
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Assuming you have Act! and Office integrated...

If you have a field to key off of, you can do a Lookup by that field to get your list of 31 contacts onto the Contact List view.  If you do not have a specific field to perform a Lookup with, you can go to the Contact List view and pare down your list by highlighting contacts and using the 'Lookup Selected' option.

Once the Contact List shows only the 31 contacts you desire:

- you can customize the data shown and change it to just the fields you desire.

- to customize > while on Contact List view > go to View > select Customiz Columns option.  The right column contains the fields that will be shown in the List view.

Once the Contact List has been pared down and customized:

- there is an icon on the tool bar called 'Export to Excel'. 

- click on this icon and it will open/create an Excel spreadsheet with the data displayed on the Contact List view.

Your list is now in Excel and you can edit/save it as you would any Excel spreadsheet.

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

There were also some fixes for Excel integration in 11.1 and one of the hotfixes... not sure if they will effect you, but you might want to update to 11.1 HF4

Remember, if sharing the database on LAN or sync, ALL systems must be updated