Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Send email to group

Administrator

Re: Send email to group

Hi EKnapp,

Please can you let us know which version of Act! you are using, and what version of Microsoft Office you have installed?
Please also tell us which version of Windows you're running.

I have been using the same Windows 7 with Act Pro v16 and Outlook 2010 for the past 2 years without any trouble. This started happening last Monday. I have been looking at settings to see what had changed, but I can't figure it out.

Administrator

Hi EKnapp,

It's hard to say why this might have stopped working. There are a few troubleshooting questions you can answer that might help us learn more about the issue:

1. When viewing a single, non-user contact in Act!, does clicking on the email button open a new message window in Outlook with the single address populated in the To: field?
  2. Does the issue occur in any other databases (i.e. the demo database, or a new database with test contacts)?
  3. Does the issue occur in another Windows profile on the same machine?
  4. Does the issue occur for any other users of the database?

There are a couple of initial troubleshooting steps you can also try:

• Ensure you're on the latest version of Act! v16 (v16.3 Hotfix 3) - The Update and Hotfix can be found in our Download Center.
  • Perform an Office Repair.

1). Yes, I can send one email at a time just clicking. Although, even when I right click and to to "write" "email", it still comes up with a blank "To" field.

2). Yes, I made a TEST account and it does the same thing.

3). I put another hard drive in and it does the same thing.

4). My other sales people don't have this problem. 

Greg, did you ever get an answer to your question?  I have the same situation, want to send emails to our tenants without publishing their email addresses.  Just want everybody to see "(fill in the blank) Tenants"

Thanks,

Juan Muzquiz

Investment Realty Resources

Administrator

EKnapp wrote:

1). Yes, I can send one email at a time just clicking. Although, even when I right click and to to "write" "email", it still comes up with a blank "To" field.

2). Yes, I made a TEST account and it does the same thing.

3). I put another hard drive in and it does the same thing.

4). My other sales people don't have this problem. 

Thanks EKnapp. I would suggest trying the steps I posted to see if they resolve the issue.

jmuzquiz wrote:

Greg, did you ever get an answer to your question?  I have the same situation, want to send emails to our tenants without publishing their email addresses.  Just want everybody to see "(fill in the blank) Tenants"

Thanks,

Juan Muzquiz

Investment Realty Resources

Hi jmuzquiz,

What you've described is possible to do in Act! If you're sending out large quantities of emails that you'd like to customise for each recipient, you can use Act! emarketing to design the templates and send the emails for you. Each email is sent separately and the addresses of other recipients are not published.

If you're sending handfuls of emails, the Mail Merge feature in Act! can also produce similar results.

If you'd like to learn more about these features, check out our free training libraries on Act! and Act! emarketing.

No change. I have reinstalled both Act and Outlook. Is there some setting in either that I need to look at?

Administrator

If you've reinstalled Outlook and Act!, it's important that Outlook was installed before Act!. The install order is important so that Act! can make the connections it needs during the install process. If this wasn't the case, please reinstall in the this order.

Once both are installed, are you able to run through the E-mail System Setup wizard without issue, selecting Outlook on step 2 and 4, and the current database in step 3?

I did. I can click the email address on each individually and send an email, but I can not right click and go to write email. Nothing comes up in the To cell. I have been emailing one at a time and it just takes a loooong time...
Highlighted
Administrator

Hmm. I can't replicate this issue at all.

Just to confirm, are these the steps you're taking?

1. After performing a lookup, clicking on the Contact List View
  2. Selecting multiple contacts
  3. Right click on selection > Write > E-mail
  4. New Outlook email window with no TO: contacts is opened

Regarding the contacts you're selecting:

• Does each one have an email address, or are some missing?
  • Do they have any special, non alphabet characters in the contact names or email addresses (other than dot and @ in the email address)?

Please can you look in your system update history to see if there were any Office updates applied just before you noticed that this feature had stopped working.