Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Send email to a contact record with more than one address.

Copper Contributor

Send email to a contact record with more than one address.

Many of my clients have more than one email address and a good percentage are partners. As a result it is much more efficient to have them included in one Contact record and be able to send the same email to their various email addresses.

Can anyone tell me, how I send the same email to more than one address from the Contact record and when doing a mail merge?

I have been using Act! for years and this limitation has always been time consuming and frustrating. Currently I have to cut and paste the Co-Contact email and place it in Outlook or do a second mail merge for Co-Contacts only when doing a mail merge.

I am using Act! 2011 and Oulook 2007.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

David

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Send email to a contact record with more than one address.

I do it by having a separate, "dummy" Contact containing the extra email address.  I set the Company field to read "For Email Only" to keep it separate from the "real" Contact record.

For example:

SmithCo, Joe Smith, joe@test.com

For Email Only, Joe Smith, joe@gmail.com

...etc.

Then I set the mail merge to include all of Joe's (or his wife's) various email address which I want to use.  For my office we will establish a Group for the particular mail merge which can then be used over and over.  It's definitely a work-around but it does work.