Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Send Invitation Emali is greyed out

Copper Contributor

Send Invitation Emali is greyed out

I am on a brand new computer with Act 2012 Pro on a Windows 7 system running Outlook 2010.  Outlook is synched up on both calendars and contacts.  I'm creating meeting activities with contacts in ACT, and want an email sent to them with the details.  In a previous installation (Act 2011 Pro, running Outlook 2007 and Win XP, this worked fine.  Now the first time I've tried to do this on the new system, I'm seeing the "Send Invitation E-mail" check box is greyed out, and I can't select it.  Any ideas?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Send Invitation Emali is greyed out

The one reason I have found is because you are scheduling with yourself rather than the contact. A couple of tests

When you go to schedule have you looked up and on the contact you want to have the activity with?

If this is not the case have you configured the email TAB up the top where you setup the email integration?

Have you tried removing and resetting the email preferences?

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

I made all my contacts public, and now it appears only to be a problem when I'm scheduling something **other** than a meeting.  The checkbox becomes active when I change Activity Type from Call to Meeting.  That's funny, I was doing this on a regular basis in ACT2011, and don't ever remember this being an issue.  Any way to enable the "Send Invitation Email" for calls too?

Copper Contributor

The major difference appears to be when the Activity Type is a Meeting vs. anything else. The box becomes active immediately upon switching the activity to a Meeting, and inactive when I change it to Call.  In my world, Calls are just as important and deserving of a reminder email.  Is that the way it's supposed to work?