Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Selecting another contact when creating a quote

Copper Contributor

Selecting another contact when creating a quote

I'm using Act! 2010 Standard and am trying to create a quote. I have multiple contacts attached to this opportunity and the quote always selects the wrong one. Is there a way I can select the recipient of the quote?

When I edit the Quote template file, I noticed that there is a way to select a database to pull the recipient from, but I don't know what database file I need to direct it to.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have a workaround?

Barry E. LaDuke
LaDuke Radiant Sales
Portland, OR 97222

http://www.LaDukeRadiantSales.com
Bronze Contributor

Re: Selecting another contact when creating a quote

The problem I'm having with Opportunities is adding people.  I received a response from Sage that the opportunity is always attached to the first person in alphabetical order of the attached contacts.  I've put in a request for this to be addressed and I hope you will do the same. 

Regarding your specific question, my work around was to create a memo field in the opportunities that lists other people involved with it (they are not hyperlinked, of course).  That way the opportunity stays associated with the key contact and I can control which name appears in the quote.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Copper Contributor

Hi John. Thanks for the follow-up. It seems you're always the first one there when I have a question. ;-)

Where do I go to suggest a hotfix for this issue?

As for your work-around, I can't afford to kill the hyperlink to the other contacts. That was the most appealing feature of Act! and I'd rather create a workaround by taking the quote function outside of ACT. I already have a template in Excel that pretty much does the same thing.

Or, as I did today, I just manually retype the contact info into the quote form after creating it. Haven't figured out whether that screws up any history stuff yet, but we'll see.

Barry E. LaDuke

LaDuke Radiant Sales

Barry E. LaDuke
LaDuke Radiant Sales
Portland, OR 97222

Platinum Super Contributor

For submitting requests you can use the Share Your Ideas forum.  Once submitted other community members can add comments and give Kudos.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Super Contributor

We have developed an add-on for ACT! called Opportunity List Plus for ACT! (OLP) allowing you to select which contact ( when you have multiple contacts attached)  you are generating the quote for. The history and/or document created will also be attached to that selected contact. OLP has the ability to select fields from the contact, company, group or opportunity table to be merged onto multiple templates that the user selected at print time..

You can download the free trial at http://durkincomputing.com/ACT-Addons-OpportunityListPlus.aspx

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

Copper Contributor

It seems to be a rather common thing for Sage to leave important functionality out of Act!, then feed the add-on market, which then reaches into my pocket for more $$ in order to make one more little thing just a little bit easier.

After researching this issue for several months and not seeing much response from Sage, I took the qouting function to another program called QuoteWerks. This isn't meant to be an advertisement for them - just a follow-up on the original topic on this thread.

Quotewerks has its issues, too, but does what it does (qouting) very well.

Barry E. LaDuke
LaDuke Radiant Sales
Portland, OR 97222