Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

See double email addresses when entering data in to Notes - Act 2009

Copper Contributor

See double email addresses when entering data in to Notes - Act 2009

When I enter information into the notes on ACT 2009, I usually see the same email address two times.  Below is an example.  ANy way to avoid this or is this eliminated in V2011?  it forces me to waste time and delete the extra characters (obsessive compulsive behavior, I guess).

Please redirect email sent to Asmith@ABCcom.com <mailto:Asmith@ABCcom.com> to this address:
Will be upgrading soon to latest version of Act when I order a new laptop with an I-7 speedy processor and the fastest SSD drive I can reasonably afford...

Employee

Re: See double email addresses when entering data in to Notes - Act 2009

I couldn't reproduce this in 2011... but are you pasting this into the note from Outlook? Or some web form?

The reason I ask is the <mailto: > tag.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

I will copy contents from an html email in Outlook, go to Act, click on Notes to enter a new note, paste the information just copied and if the contents have an email address, I will almost always see the double email entry.

If I follow the same process from a text based email, only one email address is visible

Employee

It's not Act, you're copying the HTML data when you're pasting the e-mail address. This is why it doesn't happen with text based emails. The editor window in both notes and history is a rich text editor, not a html editor and that's why it's not handling the tags. This will occurr in 2011, or any rich text editor.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator