Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Security on Reports

Security on Reports

Is is possible to stop a user having access to all or some reports in ACT! 2010?  There don't seem to be any security settings for this restriction. I have considered removing the menu option but this is not exactly a fool proof method.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Security on Reports

There isn't any security option of what you want. In fact this is the first time I've even seen it requested. However, there is a workavound. The reports go with the database but they can be run from anywhere. So you could remove all the reports except the common usage reports from the reports folder in the database and place them in a folder on your own workstation so that you would have access to the reports but no one else would.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy - that would seem to do the trick.  You suggest that I can change where my installation looks for the reports - is there a path that I can update?
Platinum Elite Contributor

There isn't any folder mapping option because the database reports are in a predefined folder.To use a local report you would need to browse to where you had placed the report template. In the Customize Menus and Toolbars, you could create a custom command(s) to launch the report from an icon on the toolbar.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129