Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Secondary Contact Field - Must be a way to import from standard contacts

Secondary Contact Field - Must be a way to import from standard contacts

I formerly had been an ACT 2000 user and have had to upgrade to the current 2008 version due to upgrade of equipment and to Vista. There seems to be a lot of areas that are not as user friendly as they use to be but I'm learning to work around them. One that makes me nuts is that I cannot figure out is why I cannot take a contact from the main contact list and import it to as a secondary contact to another contact?

Here is my scenario. I work with properties that use property managers that may be associated with other properties as well. I have their information but when I want to add them as the secondary contact I have to physically input all of that information again or continually switch between their own contact info and then back to the property contact info.

Example: ABC Condominium uses XYZ Management services, Tom Smith. I have set up contact info for both ABC and XYZ. Now I have another property 123 condominium that also uses XYZ management. In order to add XYZ as the secondary contact I cannot just open the secondary field and select Tom Smith from XYZ Management and have all the information automatically fill in. But instead have to re-enter. This is very frustrating and not convenient.

Now maybe I just haven't had the patience to figure this out but cannot believe this isn't possible.

Thank you for the help...
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Secondary Contact Field - Must be a way to import from standard contacts