Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Searching for Companies within Contacts

Searching for Companies within Contacts

I just imported my contacts into V19. I do not have a a separate list of companies.

Sometime I do not remember a contact name, but I do know their company name. What is the easiest way to find a contact by searching for their company? Can I do a search for a company name within contacts, and if so, what is the easiest way?

Would I need to do an import of company names, somehow link to the contacts, and then do a search?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Searching for Companies within Contacts

Hi

Here are 2 ways: -

Whilst on the Contact detail screen, select Lookup from the menu. You will an option for Company in the resulting drop down menu. Type the name of the company and click ok.

or - again whilst in the Contact screen, right click on the Company field and select Lookup Company. Type the name of the company and click ok.

Glenn Lye
glye@crmdata.co.uk
07827 643672

Thanks for the response. The second method did not seem to work. I clicked on the Companies tab on the  left side, but nothing happened. Maybe because i do not have any entries in Companies? 

is there a way to easily transfer all companies names that i have associated with Contacts, from Contacts to Companies? While in Contacts, and using the Contacts drop down, there is a choice of Create Company from Contact, but can that be done in one action for all companies?

Thanks 

Copper Contributor

Hi

There is not the facility within the standard Act! program itself, but I have written a little utility that you can have for nothing.

If you send me an email I will send some instructions by return.

All the best.

Glenn Lye
glye@crmdata.co.uk
07827 643672
Bronze Elite Contributor

As you are new to ACT you may find this article helpful.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13884/~/how-to-create-and-manage-companies-in-act!

thanks Glenn

Thank you