Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Search window suddenly no longer produces any results.

Copper Contributor

Search window suddenly no longer produces any results.

Version of ACT!: Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

My database is only  on my local machine (private database).

Windows 7 operating system.

Suddenly when I now enter an email address in the "Search" window and click on "Go" it always produces no results.  Yet if if I look up the contact otherwise through "Lookup" the contact pops right up.  I have usedTools/Database Maintenance/Check and Repair and have restarted the program but this new problem now persists.

Re: Search window suddenly no longer produces any results.

Smithid,

If you're using the search feature in the top right and it's not responding with results, then either the service host for Universal Search is not running correctly, or your index is corrupt.  Luckily both of those are very easy to fix.

Follow the steps from this KB article: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28201/kw/universal%20search%20returns%20results

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Re: Search window suddenly no longer produces any results.

Thank you, Billy.

I went to the page you suggested.  However when I followed the instructions "To open Task Manager and press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and locate Act.Server.Host.exe and Click End Process." I found under "Services" the "Act Service Host", clicked on the "Services" button, found "Act Service Host" and clicked on "Start the service".

So far the Search function appears restored.  Hopefully this will fix it!

If it fails again I may need to ask for help on the other instructions because "5. Right click on Applications and select Properties." is not something that seems to work at all. I do not fnd any "Properties" option when I right click there.  I wonder if the instructions are not workable under Windows 7?