Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Search button on left column Nav bar

Nickel Contributor

Search button on left column Nav bar

Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 2   -  The new Search button window in 2012 has a different look and operates differently than the Lookup / Advanced / Search on Keywords. I like the "hyperlink" feature and it seems faster. But I can't figure out how to clear the last Search and start a new search. And it's certainly not finding all of the Keywords associated with my search criteria. Is there a bullentin on how to use this?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Search button on left column Nav bar

There isn't a way (other than close/reopen ACT!) to clear the results, but to initiate a new search, you can over-type the original criteria and click Go (or press Enter).  It will replace the search results.

For more information about qualifiers that can be used within the Universal Search feature, visit this article: KB Article 28034

Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Contributor

Unfortunately, I doens't work very well. I created a Search using one keyword. I selected "All Dates" and Contacts, Companies, Activities, Histories, and Attachments. I returned about 20 "finds". There probably is 500+ entries in our DB for that keyword in those Contact tabs. What, specifically, is  the "Last Edited" date finding? And the Last Edit Date column is not in chronlogical order nor is it sortable.

Nickel Contributor

And, not to beat a dead horse, but I just ran a Search by using the Search button on the Nav bar. I entered two words, "Harvey Vogel". (That's is the name of a company.) and I checked Contact, Histories, and All Dates. It returned 26 entries. Then I went to Lookup / Advanced / Search on Keywords and entered the same two words and checked Histories, Type - All, All Records and it returned 1,210.