Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Screen Layout Act Pro 2012

Screen Layout Act Pro 2012

Why do I have to re arrange my screen layout every time I restart Act?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Screen Layout Act Pro 2012

There are different areas of the program which will reset to a default setting, can you provide more details about what is having to be rearranged?

- What operating system is your computer running?

Greg Martin
Sage

Operating sys: Windows 7

I home on the layout with: Contacts/ groups/ calendar/etc tab/buttons on left; the scrollable column of companies; then the basic company layout of company I've highlighted.

The company column width has to be narrowed so I can see more of the "Basic Co Layout" detail.

In the highlighted co layout I have to continually lift the bottom bar so more contacts of opportunity (or tab chosen) shows instead of blue blank space.

When I go to the contact that bar is totally at the bottom so no info is showing till I re size the view

Hope that this answers your question

This sounds like an issue created by customizing the monitor's DPI setting.  See the following article for resetting the DPI: KB Article 14495

Greg Martin
Sage

This worked the first tome I tried it, now to see if it lasts all week.

Will this also adderss a problem in the "Custom Columns" in the detail view. It changes every time I sync with my office computer.

Well after a few days it went back to me having to resize parts of the screens every time I restart Act. Its a pain

Can't you lock your settings / layout?

When screens are not 'sticking', it is due to something blocking access or corrupting the Sage ACT! Preferenc files.  The DPI setting is the most common culprit. 

Try running Sage ACT! 'as administrator' to give additional access to update the Preference files.  To do this: Close Sage ACT! > right click on Sage ACT! icon > select Properties > select Compatibility tab > enable 'Run as administrator' option (bottom of tab) > click OK.  Click on Sage ACT! icon as usual to open and test.

If that does not resolve the issue, you can rebuild the preference files using the 'Alternate Method: Manually Rebuild Preference Files' in this article: KB Article 14770

Greg Martin
Sage