07-04-2014 02:22 PM
I am attempting to upgrade an ACT 2008 premium database to ACT 16. I have setup a new server (Win Server 2012) for the ACT 16 and have ACT installed on it. When I attempted to upgrade/update the database I get the message below:
Changed database context to 'master'.Changed database context to 'WTA'. *********** Schema Update failed ************** *********** Exception message follows ********* * Sql Server Product Version Check Failure - Version Running Is Not a Supported Version. Exiting from update. Process ID 51 has raised user error 50000, severity 25. SQL Server is terminating this process. A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded. Schema Update failed.
I searched through this forum and did a general web search as well and found several instances where people have gotten this message. I have done the "reindex and check for errors", I even did an install of the ACT 2008 on another Win Server 2003 that had almost nothing else running on it. I did a restore of the current databse to the location of this server and tried doing the update there with the exact same error message. Any Ideas on what to do? I was supposed to do a mass swap-out of several XP computers this long weekend for some Win 7 I've setup.
We've used ACT since the mid 90's and this was the first update I've had that wouldn't let me run the two different versions side beside each other until I had everyone switched.
07-04-2014 08:48 PM - edited 07-04-2014 08:49 PM
Okay, while examing the server I found it to be claiming it was running on Pacific Time, changed that to Central Time. That was NOT the problem. Digging a little deeper I went into the SQL server manager program and I see the "SQL Server Agent (Act7)" is disabled. Is it supposed to be? "SQL Server (ACT7)" is running and so is "SQL Server Browser". And why does it say ACT7???
We're trying to get Act 16 going.
07-05-2014 10:12 AM
first, the instance is called ACT7, it was named this way in old ACT2005 times´ and the instance did keep the name thou all updates.
second, this error while updating the schema can have multiple reasons, one of the most comon, is that you created a custom field, with the same naming that is now part of the standard.
to identify if this is the case, you may want to make a new act2008 database, check all the names field names in the database, then compare this with your current database. you will probably find a bunch of custom fields. then create a new database on your ACT16 database, and you will probably see a field that you defined in the old database. If not, you need to contact an ACC like us, who can monitor the upgrade process, and then we can define what is causing the issue.
alternate, if you have currently purchased the upgrade, you may be able to contact the swiftpage support, and they may do the job for you.
07-05-2014 12:14 PM
okay, thanks. That is kind of what I was suspecting on the ACT7 thing, it was all that made sense to me. Just wanted to clarify it.
We had a Marketing director several years ago that may have added some custom fields. If she did though I wasn't aware of it.
I'll just give support a call on Monday.