Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Schema Error when updating DB

Schema Error when updating DB

Hello,

I have a user who is going from Act10 to Act11 and when I try and upgrade his DB it gives a vague schema error.  He is running Act10 in XP mode because that version does not install on Win7 64, which we are using.  But the DB opens and functions fine in Act10.  I have ACT11 installed on my PC and I get the same error when trying to convert his DB.

We have another user who was using ACT6 and is now using Act11 and his DBs converted over fine.

I believe this is an issue with his DB but I do not know what to do.  I ran the Diagnoscits tools and alos did the "Fix Scheme Error" or whatever it is called and that did not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Schema Error when updating DB

There is probably a field in the database that is now a reserved field.  My guess would be "Manager".  The error message that you are getting should indicate what field is causing the problem.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

The error message does not state anything besides the vague message I mentioned above.

Thanks,

Rich

Copper Elite Contributor

Would you be able to post the vague schema error? 

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

I went to get error and now everything is working.  Not sure what happened.