Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Scheduling (Separate) Activities for Multiple Contacts

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Scheduling (Separate) Activities for Multiple Contacts

@jsacher wrote:

But every now and then I want the Activity to be scheduled for a number of contacts, i.e. when I clear it for one contact it will clear it for all.  I uncheck the box under OPTIONS in the Scheduling Box, but it still creates separate activities.

Help?

Jeff

What happens if you have the preference set the other way so it is unchecked by default?

What happens in the demo?

What exact version of ACT! from Help \ About?

Copper Contributor

Maybe I am missing something, and if so, I'm sorry, but...

The option in the Preferences screen is only a default option.

When you are actually scheduling an Activity, there is a Button Menu labled "Options" in the upper right corner of the Schedule Activity dialog.

If you click this menu, you can set for an individual Activity wether Separate activities should be created for each contact in the Activity you are creating or if you are creating a single Activity containing multiple contacts.

If you normally want to create separate activities, then set the Preference value to true.  This will default this option on new Activities to Checked.  If you normally want to create a single activity with multiple Contacts, set this Preference value to false, and the option will default to unchecked for new Activities.

For me, this has always worked.

Platinum Elite Contributor

@RealNobody wrote:

If you normally want to create separate activities, then set the Preference value to true.  This will default this option on new Activities to Checked.  If you normally want to create a single activity with multiple Contacts, set this Preference value to false, and the option will default to unchecked for new Activities.

For me, this has always worked.

It is odd that, for some users, this doesn't work till they try it in the demo then switch back

Tuned Listener

Aloha Mike,

It still happens no matter what I do in Preferences.

It works in the Demo database.  In fact, twice I've done it where I go to the Demo db and then back in to my db.  It works fine for a day or two, and then resorts to not working.  The Act technician recommended creating a new db, so I'll give that a try.

I have: ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182

Mahalo,

Jeff

Thanks! I was having this problem where it was only creating 1 activity and associating it with everyone. This fixed it Smiley Happy