Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scheduling Activity (BUG)

Copper Contributor

Scheduling Activity (BUG)

When trying to schedule an activity, if you click on the Start Time field, it displays the different times of the day and any tasks that are scheduled have the text cut in half. So you don't know what was scheduled for that time, just that something was scheduled.

When I talked to support (another reason i wont get support) they said it was not a bug, that it was supposed to be that way. I told him I've been using Act for over 6 years, and since ACT became a SAGE product, I have this problem. Did not have it before. The Support rep probably has been using ACT for only one or two years and is clue less. What are you going to do.

In any case, there you have another BUG.

Re: Scheduling Activity (BUG)

Since ACT! 2005 it has been this way because the time intervals in the drop down are set to 30 minute compared to 5 minute in ACT! 6.0 and older.  Unfortunately there is no preference to change this.

Please submit a feature request to be considered in a future version - http://www.act.com/community/feature/

Copper Contributor

Even if the tansk being set is 5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes, you should be able to see what is scheduled for a particular time of day. Either make the space larger or the font smaller. It is a very simple solution to a very large problem.
Copper Contributor

This would not be a new "Feature" this is a fix to a "Bug" or "Deign Flaw".

I really would not call it a "Design Flaw" since it used to work and now it does not. So its an "implementation error" i guess.