Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scheduler service won't start and can't start scheduler manually

Scheduler service won't start and can't start scheduler manually

Hello all. I am having a hard time getting the Scheduler to run on any computer. We have Act 12 sp1 installed on three comptuers - 2 Windows 7 (1 64 bit and 1 32) and a Windows 2003 server.

When starting the service, we receive this error.

Sage Act! Scheduler error. Retrieving the Com class factory for component with ClSID {C72F554F-578C-11D5-BF99-006008C0F63B} failed due to the following error: 80040154

I did some research on here and the kb and found out I needed to register the adchronopher.dll file. I did this with an admin level command prompt and receive this error -  The module "adchronopher.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with code 0x80020009. Again, I ran this as an admin command prompt.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Copper Contributor

Re: Scheduler service won't start and can't start scheduler manually

Hi,

This is only a hunch so apologies in advance if it doesn't work but try this command while running cmd as admin

regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\COMCTL32.OCX

Then try registering adchronopher.dll again.

Copper Contributor

Also, if you haven't already - turn off UAC completely.
Start -> type 'UAC' -> hit return -> Move slider to bottom -> reboot.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and am having the same issue. I downloaded the trial version today to test this program out before making a purchase. 

When I open ACT, I receive the error message: The Type Initializer for 'Act.Google.Sync.Common.GoogleServiceProvider' appears. After reading through the support boards, I am only finding this error within Outlook and not with Google. I tried to use the information on this link, but it did not help (possibly because I do not have Outlook?) http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28813

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get Google to import contacts and calendars? I can do nothing with this exception error message.