Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scheduler UI needs admin access to start

Copper Contributor

Scheduler UI needs admin access to start

I am running Act! Pro Version 16.0.291.0, (Hot Fix 4) under Windows 7 (SP1).  Since upgrading to this version of ACT, I can no longer automatically start the ACT scheduler UI.  I am asked to approve the running before it will start, thus it can no longer startup in unattended mode.

I tried setting the .exe to run as administrator, but that didn't help.  What other options are there?

Thanks,

Ken

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Scheduler UI needs admin access to start

Hi Ken,

What do you mean by 'automatically' start the UI? Is their need to? 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Nickel Contributor

You could try switching off UAC (User access control) on the PC and see if that is causing the problem.

Copper Contributor

I always assumed that turning UAC off alleviate this (It is a UAC message I get asking if it is OK for the scheduler.ui is allowed to change the system), but hadn't tried to confirm it.  I have now done that , (turned it off, starts up without intervention fine).  Test complete so I turned it back on.  Is there some way to automate turning UAC off, starting the UI and then turn it back on?  Perhaps a script?  I'd prefer it to work properly of course but I get the feeling this has been an issue for a while now?

Ken Wiens
www.kgw-consultants.com
Copper Contributor

The scheduler starts the ACT backup and the database re-org. I'm not sure why one wouldn't start these automatically (setting this to auto start is something that ACT does as part of the setup).  What is the alternative way to ensure that these jobs run daily when the system is unattended and needs to come up properly on its own in an unattended reboot?  Could I schedule these jobs with the windows scheduler instead?  I'd be open to that if someone can tell me how to do that.

Ken Wiens
www.kgw-consultants.com
Copper Contributor

Hi I have the same problem anybody figure it out?

I have act on my server in case of a blackout I set my computer to restart and autologin by itself. The only problem is that Act scheduler has an elevated prompt and since I don't see it it won't start until I think of manually starting it after a server reboot.