Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scheduled Back Up File Name / Length

Tuned Listener

Re: Scheduled Back Up File Name / Length

Not aware of any compression or encryption enabled.

Also, other zip files open & save on OneDrive.

Tuned Listener

More info!

Tried right- clicking zip file >  give access to > specific people > my user profile

That allowed me to open the file & also it's save on OneDrive.

So, it looks like the issue isn't the long file name but the zip file not allowing my PC to access /permission.

Hope that helps you in identifying a fix.

Administrator

If you go to the Task Manager, then go to the Users tab - is the Act! Scheduler service running under your username or another user's?
Tuned Listener

When I go to Task Manager > users tab > expand my PC user, it shows 73 items including "ACT.Scheduler (32 bit)" and "ACT.Scheduler.UI (32 bit)".

No other users showing up on this tab.

Does that mean ACT scheduler is running OK for my username?

Administrator

It sounds like it, I'd check the services window too (Windows Key + R > Opens the Run Dialog > Type services.msc) - look for the Act! Scheduler service. The "Log On As" column should say local system.

The other potential problem is that you don't have full access to the folder that the backup files are being written to (so I'd recommend changing the backup location to your desktop as a test)..
Tuned Listener

Checked services window - Act! Scheduler service "Log On As" column is local system.

Tried giving access to all the folders that the backup files are being written to (right click > give access to > user). But that didn't work i.e. folder access denied and not uploading to OneDrive. Again, once giving access, all is OK. 

Then changed the backup location to your desktop. File wouldn't open! Couldn't test OneDrive as desktop isn't linked.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Following some other (new) file permission issues, I contacted Microsoft. It looks like there might be something wrong with my One Drive set up. We are currently resolving that so will monitor sync issues once it's working again.

MS also explained that they've increased their allowance for location lengths. I wasn't aware of that but did have a lot of too-long files when I 1st set up One Drive in Jan '17. Hence thinking the sync problem was file length related.

Still cannot see where the extraneous characters come from though?