Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Schedule Call or Meeting or To do etc

Schedule Call or Meeting or To do etc

What I meant to say was my ACT 2008  Version 10 Schedule Call did not work  Monday 3-17-08 & Tuesday 3-18.08. I purchased this Act version 10 on 2-13-08. Any suggestion to get Schedule call or Meeting or To Do to work.  I like the icon flashing when time is set to work.

I use Microsoft Vista.

Thanks in advance and I hope I am clear.

flexon
Copper Contributor

Re: Schedule Call or Meeting or To do etc

Hi Flexon

First, I am not an expert on ACT! 2008, and I use Win XP Pro rather than Vista. That said, if no one responds to your question, consider trying the following steps. I did NOT have the same problem that you do, however your problem sounds like it may fall into the same category as mine. And this solution cleared up the issue on both my notebook and desktop computers. For me, I believe that this procedure somehow cleared some process/.dll file that had become stuck or screwed up.

Essentially, I STOPPED the SQL Server (ACT7) service in services.msc. Go "Start" button\Run\services.msc\press the Enter key to open Services. After stopping SQL Server (ACT7), I opened ACT! 2008. Since the service was shutdown, the database opened very slowly, and then it popped up an error message saying that it couldn't open my database. At least that is how I remember it. It also opened a file-open box from which I could select from any available .pad files. Double click on any .pad file. It won't open, and this may be a useless step. However, it is part of what I did. Next, I would recommend that you do a complete shutdown of your computer. As you can see from my step-by-step, I didn't do this, but Microsoft Windows has always liked a complete shutdown. Remember in Win 95 when it was absolutely necessary to shutdown completely to clear some problems.

Next, boot back up. Then open services.msc, and do a START on SQL Server (ACT7). Start ACT! 2008. Now, see if you can do a schedule procedure.

Good luck with it all.

REVISION TO MY POST OF 3/9/2008 07:10 PM

I DISCOVERED THAT MY EXPLANATION WAS INCOMPLETE. SORRY FOR THE ERROR.

∙ On my notebook computer which runs the master database's remote version, I shutdown my RDB database, and then opened the ACT! 2008 demo database. Then, I navigated to Tools\Synchronize\Accept Incoming Syncs. However, I got the usual "Could not start sync server. The handle is invalid."
∙ Closed ACT! 2008.
∙ Opened services.msc and executed a Stop of the "SQL Server (ACT7)" service.
∙ Approximately 5 minutes later, I opened ACT! 2008. The program eventually opened, however, ACT! 2008 could not open any databases. PLEASE NOTE: The "SQL Server (ACT7)" service was still stopped.
∙ Closed ACT! 2008.
∙ Approximately 2 minutes later, I opened services.msc, and did a Start of the "SQL Server (ACT7) service.
∙ Started ACT! 2008, and it opened with the demo base opened inside of it. Navigated to Tools\Synchronize and found that "Accept Incoming Syncs" was checked. This procedure also worked on my desktop computer.

My assumption is that this procedure must reset some aspect of either the service or the program that is not correctly set during either the Windows boot up or the ACT! 2008 boot up.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Do you mean you can't schedule a new call now or that previously scheduled calls no-longer have an alarm?

If it's the alarm, are you using 10.0.1 (check in Help | about)?

Both - I mean I cannot schedue a new call and my old calls that I had created over a month ago did not show up. I had it where the ACT icon flashes.

thanks,

Exactly nothing happens I set it and it does not go off.

I am used to using ACT scheduling a call. I am using my  ACT 2000 versopm 5.0.4.495 and it works  with windows 2000

Thanks,