Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Saving to documents that already exist in ACT contacts

Saving to documents that already exist in ACT contacts

I am having a problem with saving to documents that already exist in my ACT contacts.

If I open a document, example: Excel spreadsheet, make a change and go to save it I am prompted with this error message:

"1234 file is already in use. Please try again later"

How can I save to a document that is already saved under the contact without having to create a new document and save it as a duplicate??????????????????

Please help!! Smiley Sad

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Saving to documents that already exist in ACT contacts

1. Which version of ACT!?

2. Do you have the same problem when;

• Performing the same action in the ACT! demo database?
  • Attaching a different type of document?
  • Choosing a document from your desktop rather than one in a network location?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

"Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2"

I do not have any of the problems you listed. Just saving to a document that has already been saved in the contacts business card. I actually used to be able to save to an existing document and then one day it just stopped letting me...

Bronze Elite Contributor

"Just saving to a document that has already been saved in the contacts business card"

1. Where is the document saved, is it in the documents tab or in history tab or elsewhere?

2. So did you take the same document and test with the ACT! demo database and NOT have a problem?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

The documents I am trying to save to are under the "Documents Tab".

I have not tested anything with the demo database. Not sure how to...  It doesn't matter what file I try to re-save into, Microsoft Word or Excel, it won't let me save the changes to the document already saved in the Document tab. I have to delete out the old document and resave a new document in the contacts file. There has got to be a way to fix this. A co-worker suggested maybe it has something to do with a setting or permission.