Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Saving emails to contacts

Copper Contributor

Saving emails to contacts

I am a new user, so I expect I am asking a silly question, however i have imported my contacts from Outlook, and set up outlook as my email program, but I cannot save emails to contacts in the contact's screen. They are not showing up in the contact's History either.

I am using ACT! 2011 and Outlook 2010 and Win 7

I pull up a contact (I am using my own info) and click to send an email. This brings up Outlook with myself as the recipient. I send the email and receive the email, but it does not show up in my contact page. It only shows up in my "sent" Folder in Outlook.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Saving emails to contacts

[ Edited ]

Hello Unatec1,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Have you gone through the Email System Setup in ACT! to configure Outlook as your email system and add the ACT! address book? Do this by going to Tools>Preferences>Email & Outlook Sync tab>Email System Setup

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

If you have done what Greig suggests ... also as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2683...

BTW: If Win7 is 64bit, you need to have Office installed as 32bit

You should also check the Admin tab in Prefernces to see that you: Allow History Creation for  emails sent to a user

Copper Contributor

Yes, I have done that.

Then please see KB Article 19948 for possible causes and solutions for this issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I am using Office 32 bit and my preferences are set

Copper Contributor

I have accessed the registry and added "Qpath" and I was able to find some of the emails that I had sent in one of the folders in "C" however I still have nothing showing up in the Contact page in ACT!

If using this software is anything like getting it set up I don't hold out much hope for it. I am a single user, small business

without an IT department behind me. I need the functionality but not the headaches.

So much for venting!

I am beginning to think that the problem is related to my user name in the computer. I seem to have more than one, but I have no idea how to straighten that out.

I tried to get Tech support, but they need some ID # starting with 4. I have no idea where that could be.

Any help wil be appreciated.

Copper Contributor

Remember, I did say I was new to this!

I now believe that the data is actually in ACT!, however I cannot figure out how to get the "Activities" Tabs on the "Contacts" screen. If I go to "Layout Designer" I get a Contacts screen that shows the contact data on the top of the screen and the Activities Tabs at the bottom of the screen. How do I get that layout? I tried saving it, but I still don't get the activities tabs on my Contacts screen.

Platinum Super Contributor

It sounds like you can see the tabs at the bottom (Activities, History, Documents, etc...) but they are too low to be viewed. If this is the case: hover the mouse on the line just above the tab names to get the up/down arrow > then left click and hold > drag the line up the screen to reposition.
Greg Martin
Sage