Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Saving Excel documents to Documents tab in Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0

Saving Excel documents to Documents tab in Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0

Can anyone help me with this???

I am having trouble saving to Excel documents that are already saved in my ACT! documents tab. I have Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0

Everytime I try to save to an already existing  Excel document I am prompted with a message to try again later. Does this have something to do with Account Settings or accesses?  How can I add to an exhisting document in the documents tab?

Thanks.

Copper Contributor

Re: Saving Excel documents to Documents tab in Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0

Not that I have done this or do I have time to test this right now but try saving the XLS you have with a different file name from the one that you currently have attached to the ACT database.   Then try to attach this newly named XLS to the same contact / company where you were unable to save previously.

My guess is that ACT does not allow you to overwrite the file that is already attached, so either you create it with a new name or delete the old one and then save it.

ACT 2010 Core Certified

Re: Saving Excel documents to Documents tab in Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0

I don't have a problem with saving new documents into the documents folder but updating documents that are already saved in the folder is my problem. I know that it is possible since everyone else at my Company can do it, just not me...

I need to save it to the current file in the documents tab because it is a running log and if I had to make a new log each time a new entry needed to be added it would defeat the purpose. Thanks for you help anyways though.