Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Saved Query as Custom Command issue

Nickel Elite Contributor

Saved Query as Custom Command issue

I was sent this from another ACC, same issue on my machine 11.1 w/HF:

• In the demo database, or any database for that matter, Go to the Company area
  • Put data in the Referred By field of TWO different Company records
  • Then from the Lookup menu choose Advanced>Advanced Query
  • Make a query based on the COMPANY area and the referred by field.
  • Save that query. [MyAddtlNote: ACT saves as a CRY file, had to change it to QRY because received "windows does not know what to use to open this file" with CRY file, or whatever that error is when you try to open an file with an unknown extension]
  • Now make a custom command by going to Tools>Customize>Menus and Toolbars add that query to the bottom of the Layout menu or on a custom toolbar somewhere.  [Note:I added and icon and a menu item - same result for both]
  • Now when you go back to the Company section and click on that custom query it doesn’t do anything.  Nothing happens when I should get a new lookup of Companies.

Additional Note:
As stated above, with the default extension - CRY - you get a file with an unknown extension.  After changing it to QRY, I did get the ACT! interface popup asking to Replace/Add/Narrow Lookup, but the query did *not* run, and the screen did not change.

Thanks for any help...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Nickel Contributor

Re: Saved Query as Custom Command issue

Just for the record, I managed to repeat this issue with the UK equivalent version of ACT 11.1 /HF1
Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk