Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Same User on Publisher and Remote

Astute Commentator

Same User on Publisher and Remote

My client installed ACT on his 2 computers.  One was intended to be the Publisher and the other a Remote each with a different user.  He made himself the user on both machines.  How can I change the user on the Remote database?  Can I just change the name on the My Record contact?

Thanks!

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Same User on Publisher and Remote

If it's the same person, why two usernames? If he really wants two usernames, just add the other one and make the original inactive (or delete).  Seems very confusing, however...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Astute Commentator

Tim installed ACT on his computer and created a database for which he is Admin. He created a remote database for a second computer to be used by Dwayne.

Tim also installed ACT on Dwayne's computer.  When he unpacked and restored the remote database he somehow logged on as himself and now Dwayne can't logon (not enough licenses).  They bothe have a valid registered copy of ACT but somehow Tim is the user on both.

I'm confused, too!

Nickel Elite Contributor

ACT! licenses are per *user*, not per machine. Tim could install ACT! on 72 of his computers if he wanted, but all would have to logon as Tim based on having only one serial #.

You'll have to get another license, or just use Tim's logon for both.
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com