Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Salutation Field Capturing Old Information

Salutation Field Capturing Old Information

I am having an issue with the Salutation Fieled in Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13 not updating. When I'm in a contact's detail view, the salutation appears correctly, but when I'm in the list view, the field contains old information. For example, a contact got divorced, the salutation field in the detail view was corrected to only contain one name, but when viewing in the list view or doing a mail merge the salutation still appears with "Joe & Jane", instead of just "Jane".

I've tried going to Tools and selecting "Update Salutation Field..." with no success. And have tried editing the salutation field in Edit Mode with no success.

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Salutation Field Capturing Old Information

[ Edited ]

Hello spent85,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If you are seeing different data in the list and detail views, it might be that you are looking at two different fields. Go to Tools > Define Fields and see if you have more than one salutation field - a custom salutation field may be have been created at some point. The default system Saluation field would be the one that updates with the name change, a custom one would not.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Salutation Field Capturing Old Information

SOLVED

Greig -- Thank you for your quick response. After looking through the "Define Fields" options, I noticed a custom salutation field had been created at somepoint. Now I can start setting things up properly!

Thank you for your help,

SP