Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sales Oppertunities

Sales Oppertunities

When using sales oppertunities I do not have a need for Units or Price but I would like to change them to eg. Name and then have the field as text.  Also then it would not multiply and I only have a need for the total.  Does anyone know how to change those items.  Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sales Oppertunities

You can't change those fields.

Depending on how important it is to have it done this way, you might look at creating a custom table with itTables -creating the fields you want

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Sales Opportunities

ax122,

I have a better suggestion Opportunity List Plus for ACT! has the ability to modify the columns and column names in the product tables on the screen and/or on the quote templates. You can download a free trial at: http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsOpportunityListPlus.aspx

If you like to design your own opportunity and product tables look at The Durkin Toolkit for ACT!. It has over 30 templates for all type of industries.  http://www.durkincomputing.com/Default.aspx

thanks

-- jim durkin

Copper Contributor

I also would like some facility for this.

Not every opportunity has a financial measure. For example, the outcome from meeting some particular contacts might be effective networking to meet other relevant contacts (for example, to build a relationship with a person in a company or in a professional board who will introduce you to high value individuals and groups in your field). Networking to build high value relevant relationships is a valuable outcome from networking, but is not in itself a $ outcome.

There must be a 'best practice' approach to this but I don't know what it is, so I would suggest ACT! letting us define our goals/objectives in this area via a metric with 100% in this area being a certain outcome being met (e.g. meet three high value contacts in companies or professional bodies), and the total overall outcome across all areas of interest a weighted average of the outcomes in the areas you defined. 

You would then have two major measures of progress in ACT!: the $ value in the pipeline and the percentage of your weighted average of metrics (outcomes out of 100% for your non financial goals). You could then filter your pipeline on dollar value, your total outcome metric,or your component outcome metrics. So it would be a matter of defining your goals (e.g. three new powerful contacts in relevant companies or organisations) and act tracks your progress towards realising that value (complete achievement = 100%) as well as your overall sales pipeline value.

For me, that would be really useful in a future version of ACT!

How do other contact management systems handle this? I'm sure the advanced CRM systems must do something along these lines, otherwise companies that use balanced scorecard involving non-financial measures of outcomes would be in trouble using ACT!

Copper Contributor

Another example of a non-financial outcome might be an opportunity for valuable, unpaid, but high return promotion such as an unpaid speaking gig at an industry conference. If it was paid you might say it is a $ opportunity in the pipeline, but whether it is unpaid or paid the ultimate value is the improvement in your branding and any possible client referalls / opportunities it generates. But I'd say the latter are different contacts. So what you have is that this speaking opportunity is a valuable outcome but (if it is an unpaid speaking engagement) it is not part of your formal $ sales pipeline.

If however you defined as part of your "balanced scorecard" of goals that you wanted to speak at say 8 conferences per year (2 conferences per quarter), then your outcome metric is whether you meet 100% of those goals of speaking at 2 conferences per quarter.

Basically the idea would be that ACT! would track your intermediate progress towards your goals in a balanced (read "balanced scorecard") fashion as well as the financial value of specific sales contacts.