Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sales Automation Manager (by Northwoods): Questions / Getting Support from Northwoods

Copper Super Contributor

Sales Automation Manager (by Northwoods): Questions / Getting Support from Northwoods

Hi,

We're thinking about using SAM in combination with Swiftpage. We've yet to try that product either.

I wondered if anyone could help with these questions?

1. Ideally, I would like Act fields to be updated and Activities to be created based on the results of a campaign, ideally even if a user clicks on just a single link – that would be the ultimate outcome from an email campaign. I believe that Swiftpage can record results to Act History, and I believe SAM can 'read' and act upon the History so is something like this possible?

2. Can SAM edit an existing activity based new field data? E.g. if field changes, date and subject line of activity changes?

3.  I sent a support question to Northwoods but I've not heard back.  I've seen several comments on this forum saying the same.  Has anyone else heard from them recently?  What's the best way to get in touch?  I'm relunctant to buy this without knowing I can always get help with this product. 

Tuned Listener

Re: Sales Automation Manager (by Northwoods): Questions / Getting Support from Northwoods

I would try calling Bob at Northwoods (603-886-5780) is the number I have for him.  When I had an older version of SAM, I would call and ask some questions.  He was pretty good at getting back with you.  Good luck.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Sales Automation Manager (by Northwoods): Questions / Getting Support from Northwoods

Thanks for replying.  I will give him a call.

If in the mean time, anyone can help, that would be great (and help others too, of course).

(If I get through, I will post back).

Copper Super Contributor

Bob Conti replied quickly after I completed the support form (previously, I had just sent an email):
http://www.crmaddons.com/t-service.aspx

drmiller wrote:

Hi,

I have sent Northwood's a sales support question.  Hopefully they will respond and I will update this thread either way.

If anyone here can help with my questions, I would appreciate it.

1. We're thinking about using SAM in combination with Swiftpage.  We've yet to try that product either.  Ideally, I would like Act fields to be updated and Activities to be created based on the results of a campaign, ideally even if a user clicks on just a single link – that would be the ultimate outcome from an email campaign. 

I believe that Swiftpage can record results to Act History, and I believe SAM can 'read' and act upon the History so is something like this possible?

I'm not familiar with the types of histories that Swiftpage creates.  SAM can search notes or histories for text and match according to a "contains" or "begins with".  For performance reasons, you'd want to limit how far into the past that it is allowed to search, since stopping at every contact to search the history table could add up to real time.  On the other hand, if you don't search far enough into the past, you will miss the item altogether. In my opinion, searching histories would be a more "fragile" solution than having SAM make decisions based on field values.

I suggest you look into whether an alternate solution might work for you.  Visit jangosmtp.com and let me know what you think.  It appears to provide a robust smtp server solution, with click reports that you might be able to import into ACT.

drmiller wrote:

2. Can SAM edit an existing activity based new field data? E.g. if field changes, date and subject line of activity changes?

SAM cannot edit an existing activity.  But, I suspect if I knew what you really wanted to accomplish overall, i.e. the "problem description",  there would be a different solution than the one you have decided upon.