Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage yet again is stonewalling those seeking help resolving a bug in Act

Copper Super Contributor

Sage yet again is stonewalling those seeking help resolving a bug in Act

[ Edited ]

As a long time customer of Sage's Act (I began using the product when it was first introduced by Symantec), I had begun to hope that Sage was improving upon its previous absmal customer support for those who experience bugs in Act.  Now, Sage is dashing these hopes.

I recently documented a bug in Act's ability to sync its calendar with Outlook. I am hardly alone, as demonstrated by the 176 views (at this writing).

This recent follow-up posting is particularly pathetic.

I've had the same issues since installation. Support has had em rebuild my database twice, dump all of the calendar data in both calendar, reload Outlook, and re-copy the files Act9ext.dll and Act9ab32.dll. After each "fix" copy calendar works once or long enough for the tech to provide a case number and move on. Subsequent copies fail to move data in either direction.

Sage monitors this forum and, as witnessed by the above quote, knows from direct contacts about the issue.  I particularly appreciate the poster's sentence "long enough for the tech to provide a case number and move on."  I have experienced exactly the same.  Indeed several years go, I had to purchase CompanionLink for syncing Act with my mobile phone solely because Sage couldn't provide competent support to resolve a bug and CompanionLink Software could and did help me resolve the problem.

So, what does Sage do these days?  Mostly it ignores the issue.  Apparently it also occasionally gives inadequate information that requires considerable effort on the part of the luckless customer and in the end is incorrect.

So, I guess we are back to the bad old days, when the byword from Sage with respect to its own bugs was "pay our exorbident fees or forego any hope of assistance".

Message Edited by rconant on 10-07-2009 07:02 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage yet again is stonewalling those seeking help resolving a bug in Act

While I don't have any info on the issue, but I just thought I'd let you know that this number of views in a week is not that large and is probably covered by the automated readers that access the posts.

Roger,

Please check your private messages.

Copper Super Contributor

They did contact me and agreed there was a bug.  They remotedly accessed my computer and we played around for quite a while and appeared to resolve the problem without quite understanding why.  But, for the moment anyway, everything is good.  I'll explain the process on my other related post.