Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage for Mobile Live--Still Broken

Copper Super Contributor

Sage for Mobile Live--Still Broken

As reported previously by me and others, Sage Mobile Live for Act broke down after its upgrade.  We are now at the second weekly anniversary of that breakdown.  Sage admits that there is a bug in their system, but has repeatedly refused to indicate if it will be repaired in our lifetimes.

It is rather unusual, if not unprecedented,  for a vendor to fail to address a major bug in one of its products--a bug impacting a key functionality--for weeks on end.

C'mon Sage, let's deal with this bug!

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Sage for Mobile Live--Still Broken

Hi,

Can you give more information about the issue you are experiencing? I know that you had an issue that was limited to only those who participated in our beta program and didn't uninstall before installing the new version of Sage Mobile for ACT! but thought we had rectified that item through tech support for you? That issue has been corrected and again was limited to a very small group of beta testers.

Most of our users had no problems with the movement from ACT! Mobile Live to Sage Mobile for ACT! and I want to ensure we're talking about the same issue here.

Can you please provide a link or additional infromation about the issue your referring?

Thanks,

Brandon Balsley

Director, Product Management, Sage ACT!|
Copper Super Contributor

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Sage-Mobile-Live-for-Act-s-Bug-Interrupted-Sync-Time-for-Sage-t...

There were ealier postings that seem to have disappeared in which I was reduced to pleaded in vain for help with this seemingly terminally serious bug..  There were no answers.  '

Finally, I resorted to emailing my beta test contact, who did get me some action on the issue.  (By action, I mean that I got a one-day license to contact tech support about this issue and a separte issue having to do with a seemingly incorrect expiration day.)  Aftrer the tech and I spent maybe 2 hours on the phone, she check some database or the other and discovered that the "interupt" notiice was incorrect, and I guess it was. It has nothing to do with my having been a beta tester.  That had been an entirely separate unmitigated hell for me requiring repeated installs and manual uninstalls to resolve.  Sage provided minimal help with this by pointing me at a semi-relevant, atlhough outdated, knowledge base article.

Regarding the incorrect expiration date issue (which applies to many users), I think the ultimate resolution was to leave it unchanged on the grounds that....well....apparently, on the grounds that "who cares if the customers are misinformed?"

So, of the two issues, both seem to have ended up the same way...with Sage apparently concluding that misinforming its customers with bad error messages and incorrect information on expiration dates is too trivial to arouse concern.

From my perspective, I have spent roughtly 5 hours in addressing the impact of Sage's errors, and they still aren't resolved.

Copper Super Contributor

Thank you for the additional information.

On the date format, it may have been set incorrectly based on default browser's settings that are detected and the app sets the default date format. 

You can change this by logging into the portal, going to the Events section, and then selecting the "Calendar Options" from the drop down.

From the Calendar options, you can change the date format.

Hope this helps.

Brandon Balsley

Director, Product Management, Sage ACT!|
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think we are talking about different issues here.  My calendar is correctly represented.  It's the expiration date that is wrong.  I attach a screenshot of the relevant portion of the home page of the sageactformobile.com site.  You will notice that the listed expiration date under my "profile" is set as being 3/11/2011, i.e.. March 11, 2011, when the correct date is November 3, 2011, i.e.. 11/3/2011.  Your tech support agrees this is wrong for USA users. [Edit: Removed inappropriate language. Please post courteously ]

It does make it tough for your users when they experience, as have I,  (1) failure to be notified of update, (2) inability to uninstall old product, (3) associated difficulty in installing upgrade, (4) notice of "interruption" in syncing with server, (5) considerable difficulty in obtain help for #4, incorrectly listed expiration date, (6) failure on the part of Sage to fix any of the aforementioned bugs.

What a waste of time and energy on everybody's part!

Platinum Elite Contributor

rconant,

I have tested the date format suggestion from Brandon, and can verify that this will correct the date format for the expiration date.  Try this:

- Click the down arrow for the Events section and choose Calendar options

- Change the date format to DD/MM/YY and click Save

- Change the date format back to MM/DD/YY and save again

- Log out then log back into the portal...the expiration date should now display correctly

This is still considered an issue, which I have submitted to our developement team, but I was able to correct it using the above steps. The others issues you are referring to have also been submitted and I assure are being investigated. When a root cause and solution have been determined, we will post an update. We do apologize for these issues and will work to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Super Contributor

Rconant,

In testing I have found that a completely blank contact record can cause the 'Server Connectivity Interrupted' error.  Do you have any completely blank contact records in your database?  You can check by doing Lookup All and checking the Contact List view (will be at the top of the list).  If you have any blank records, delete them and test your synchronization.  Please let us know the results. 

Greg Martin
Sage