Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Software Makes Taking My Money Too Difficult...

Sage Software Makes Taking My Money Too Difficult...

Sage Software,

I was a potential customer that called into your sales department and spoke with a salesman named Tim.  He performed a one hour webinar, answered all of my questions and sent me a quote. When I called in to finalize my purchase, I decided on eleven licenses rather than nine. Tim explained he could only sell up to ten licenses and would have to transfer me to another department to set up my order. I asked Tim why he couldn’t place my order, and he stated that he could only sell a maximum of ten licenses. I was transferred to a salesman named Greg. I told him what I needed and started asking clarifying questions. Greg was unable to answer my questions and referred me to a consultant. I asked him why he could not answer my questions and he stated, “Because this is the process and you will also be able to receive better pricing than what I can offer.”

Why is it one department is able to answer all of my questions and the other refers me to a consultant?

I am now looking at some of your competitor’s products because I prefer not to be transferred around from one department to the next. Sage makes it too hard to take my money, which is disappointing, because I thought ACT! was a good product.

Regards, 

Disappointed Customer

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Software Makes Taking My Money Too Difficult...

The difference is the Microsoft licensing. The licensing for less than 10 users is done differently than the licenses for 10+.

Likewiase, ACT! standard is a retail product and is sold by the retail trained sales people. ACT! Premium which can support 10+ users (and has a lot of additional features) is usually sold by trained consultants to ensure that you get the best information
Champion Listener

[ Edited ]
Hi John

Yep - this is a killer.  Its a legacy process that doesn't make much sense know.  The deal is we have 2 call centers - one focusing on single user purchases, and another focused on larger business.  The historical way of routing the calls was based on the number of users.  This leads to the problem you've described.

We're in the process of instituting a new process, combining smarter call routing, with the ability for a rep in either call center to complete any sale they begin.  This will eliminate this issue, and I regret it did not happen in time for you.

Dave

Message Edited by Dave_vT on 04-10-2008 08:47 AM

Message Edited by Dave_vT on 04-10-2008 08:47 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Dave_vT wrote:
Hi John
Yep - this is a killer.  Its a legacy process that doesn't make much sense know.  The deal is we have 2 call centers - one focusing on single user purchases, and another focused on larger business.  The historical way of routing the calls was based on the number of users.  This leads to the problem you've described.
We're in the process of instituting a new process, combining smarter call routing, with the ability for a rep in either call center to complete any sale they begin.  This will eliminate this issue, and I regret it did not happen in time for you.
Dave

Neat... wish they could be as attentive to user demands outside North America :-(