Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Pro 2011 - Accounting Integration

Tuned Listener

Sage Pro 2011 - Accounting Integration

What can I say,  2011 is a troubled child so far.  I have just upgraded from 2010.  At first it would it would not install - error upgrading the existing instance of ACT7 db.  So I uninstalled ACT! and SQL Express 2005.  ACT! would now install however it managed to completely forget to install SQL Express 2008 (box was checked however their was already a copy of SQL Express 2008 installed).  No ACT! db's would open however (SQL Server not found).  So,  I removed ACT! 2011 again and SQL Express 2008 from Windows 7 x64 and reinstalled ACT! 2011 again.  This time al worked well.

Anyway,  most things appear to be working.  My custom dashboard however is completely to **bleep** but I will tackle this later.

Accounting Integration  - I use Sage Instant Accounts plus v16.  I have ran the setup wizard however none of my client accounts will map to the Company or Contact in ACT!.  I get the error message 'This record is not linked to the account.'  I have tried ACT! Integration in the past and it's never worked well.  Any one any ideas on how to get this going?

Also,  I sync my iPhone via Exchange.  Before the upgrade I wiped all contacts and calendar items from Outlook and then iPhone and tried the new ACT! Contacts and Calendar sync.  Items appear in Outlook one but twice on the iPhone.  Can anyone explain this strange behaviour?

Tuned Listener

Re: Sage Pro 2011 - Accounting Integration

Got the iPhone sync resolved by deleting all calendar and contacts from the iPhone, Outlook and then syncing again.

Tuned Listener

Grrrr,  now today I have duplicate contacts everywhere in ACT! More work required on v13 I think!!!

Tuned Listener

Now today I have duplicate contacts everywhere in ACT! More work required on v13 I think!!!

Tuned Listener

OK, here is the plan. Tomorrow I am going to do a report on the last days activity and restore my 2010 backup. I am also going to backup my Exchange Mailbox and purge all calendar and contact items. I am then going to do a reset of my iPhone4. Then I am going to create a new blank ACT! db and import from my 2010 db, import my exchange mailbox into its new mailbox and then sync contacts and calendar. I think if it does not work correctly after that then expect me to be annoyed.

Tuned Listener

Happy two-way calendar sync between ACT!, Outlook 2010, iPhone4, iCal and Address Book at last!.  I had to delete my mailbox from the Exchange Server however to get this. now everything looks the same between programs and no duplicates. Smiley Happy

The accounting integration just does not work. I can get some Suppliers however no Customers. I would love to know if anyone has had any success with this.

Tuned Listener

hmmm - now the ACT! timer just freezes randomly. 

Tuned Listener

Applied Hotfix 2 - I still suffer Account Integration Issues. Now 4 of my clients successfully map. Is there anything I should try?