Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Mobile for ACT! Error: "No Valid Service Controller"

Sage Mobile for ACT! Error: "No Valid Service Controller"

[ Edited ]

While late to the game - so to speak - I am experiencing a similar issue with SMfA.  However, I get a different error - "No Valid Service Controller".  When I first turn on the machine, It appears there is a configuration setting from SQL that does not properly execute...however, the message is long and does not stay up long enough for me to properly copy down.

I purchased this app in late June, 2011 and still have not been able to resolve the set up issues.  I have been in contact with the Customer Support contacts at SMfA and they have advised this is a 'known issue' and are attempting to resolve it.  However, the tech was not able to offer any concrete solution date.

Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Windows XP SP3

ACT!2010 v. 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 5

MS SQL Server 2005

Regards,

Sam Freeman

[Edits: Subject line edited to match topic; email address removed from post to protect from spamming - please add to signature instead]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Mobile for ACT! Error: "No Valid Service Controller"

I saw this somewhere else:
There has been an issue using the Sync Now link in the connections view. Instead, use the Sync All Accounts in the system tray icon.

Personally, Sage Mobile is about the only part of ACT! I really avoid.

Now you tell me...is there another app that would be more suitable?  I like the idea of having access - either on my mobile or any web-browser to my appointments and contacts.

I have not used the 'Sync Now' within ACT! - this occurs at the System Tray icon.

Any other suggestions or 'fixes' are welcome.

I seem to sync fine from the mobile to the web portal.  My phone seems to be supported without any issues...it is the PC Client that seems to have the problem.

Many thanks,

Sam Freeman

sfreeman@freemansauction.com