Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Mobile Live for Act no longer works after apply SP1 Hotfix 3

Copper Super Contributor

Sage Mobile Live for Act no longer works after apply SP1 Hotfix 3

[ Edited ]

Darn it.  Things like this should be simple.

Tools/Sage Mobile for Act/Sync Now is now greyed out.  (It worked perfectly before the SP1 and Hotfix 3 upgrades).  The program reports that it syncs when envoke from the taskbar, but it really doesn't as the whole sync process now is completed in seconds

The time is now 9:19AM CDT on April 22.  It'll be interesting to see how long it takes before somebody helps me on this.  (I am cycinical because it took days to get the mobile sync program operating after the upgrade--the attributable 100% to bugs and delay to incredibly slow from Sage.

Roger

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Mobile Live for Act no longer works after apply SP1 Hotfix 3

Considering it's Easter weekend, might be a while.

I don't use Sage Mobile, it doesn't work well enough for me normally
Copper Super Contributor

It's now active in the sense that it's no longer greyed out.  I have no idea why it started working.  But it doesn't matter because when I select the "recover" option, it clearly isn't recovering.  I don't know what it's doing, but recovering is not one of the possibilities, since it runs for only a minute or so.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Most of the ACT! experts I know (especially the ones who provide a lot of the help around here) use Handheld Contact ... so you might find you need to call Sage support for help
Platinum Super Contributor

Your message indicates that the icon/option is no longer grayed out, and that 'Recover' doesn't appear to do anything.  Generally a grayed out option can indicate that you need to run ACT! 'As Administrator' (close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run As Administrator). 

If that does not help resolve the problem, I recommend uninstalling Sage Mobile and reinstalling it.  It may have been damaged during the update.

Please see your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

It's no longer greyed out.  A simple reboot solved that problem.  

But it didn't address the fundamental  problem.  It doesn't function.  I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I went into actdiag and did a repair, reindex and redid the schema.  None of these helps.

I have tried using the Recover option, but it fundamentally ignores that and acts if it were an ordinary update.  It seems to get to about 250 records (out of 1,000) and then it hops back to a lower number (say 175 records) and works its way back to the 250.  Nothing more happens until it appears to be satisfied with its work and closes without really updating anything that I can determine.