Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Export/Import error

Sage Export/Import error

Hi, I'm new and am having an issue when attempting to export data from one ACT database to another. 

Both databases are the same and system is running ACT Pro 2012 v14.1.108.0 hot fix 3.  I ran a test of similar data with a single contact and associated activities and it worked perfectly.  Now when attempting to export the entire contact list and associated activities I get a number of errors.

The errors take the following form but are not consistant as some work and others don't yet they seem similar in structure.

<DATAEXCHANGELOG>
<EVENT>
<EVENTTIME>2013-04-18 20:20:50Z</EVENTTIME>
<EVENTDETAILS>An Activity failed to merge.
Activity: Chiller Servicing
Exception message: Error setting exceptions for new activity during import: Unable to find the AccessorActivity required during import.

</EVENTDETAILS>
</EVENT>
<EVENT>
<EVENTTIME>2013-04-18 20:20:50Z</EVENTTIME>
<EVENTDETAILS>An Activity failed to merge.
Activity: Invoice
Exception message: Error setting exceptions for new activity during import: Unable to find the AccessorActivity required during import.

</EVENTDETAILS>
</EVENT>

Interestingly I found this link when doing a search for the error.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/ACT-2012-Import-Bug-49896.S.79763652

It seems to infer it is a bug.

Does anyone know if this is the case or if thgere is another solution I can try?

Please help as I am getting desperate.

regards Frank

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Export/Import error

Hello Frank,
Welcome the ACT! Community. The issue you are describing sounds like one that was addressed in Hot Fix 4 for ACT! 2012 SP1 (you're one hot fix shy). To attempt to resolve, please apply the latest cumulative hot fix for your version:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2881...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Sage Export/Import error

Hello Greig,

I have done what you suggested but the error is the same.

Any ideas?

regards Frank