Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Act for music group booking ? store database on a web server, share it with partner and link it to a private database...

Sage Act for music group booking ? store database on a web server, share it with partner and link it to a private database...

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody !

First of all, please forgive my poor english... I'm not fluent but I'll do my best :-)

I would like to find a good software for helping me and a friend to book some music groups. We have to contact many concerts places and try to "sell" concerts (organize) of some music bands.

We are two partners for booking : my friend lives in another town and works for different bands than me. But the places which make concerts are the same ! So we would like to be able to store the concerts organizers database on my webserver to access it and modify it. Each of us benefits of the work of the other for concert places inventory.

Would it be possible to store this database on my webserver and allow my partner to access it (ftp ?) ??

It's a shared webserver with PHP, MySQL and so on... but I can't install anything on it myself.

Booking is made of contacts and negociations. We have to store our negociations in a separate database which would be

1. private (ie not shared with my partner), and
  2. linked to the shared database of concert places inventory since I would like to be able to see all contacts I had with an organizer by clicking its name...

I don't know if I'm clear but I can try to ask your questions if you don't understand what I mean... :-)

Would Sage Act Pro or premium do the trick ? Would it be relatively easy to setup ?

Thank you very much in advance for your advices !

Trucmuche

Nickel Contributor

Re: Sage Act for music group booking ? store database on a web server, share it with partner and link it to a private database...

You would need Premium for Web if you want to publish this to your Web Server. ACT! for Web suppoers IIS and uses ASP.NET
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Sage Act for music group booking ? store database on a web server, share it with partner and link it to a private database...

Yes ACT! can do this for you. I have a client in that line of work here in Australia.

Dependant on how you configure this, either Sage ACT! Premium (installed on both your computers)or Sage ACT! Premium for web (only installed on one machine, with IIS and bi-directional access to the net). I'd suggest you talk with your local ACC (ACT! Certified Consultant) to discuss just what configuration would suit best.