Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Act Pro! Cannot add to Calendar, all calendar and tasks disappeared

Sage Act Pro! Cannot add to Calendar, all calendar and tasks disappeared

Receiving message: invalid recurrence pattern. retrieval of named days expects day type of named. actual value was none.

through previous searches i have been made aware that this could be because of the google sync, but i cant seem to undo it. I tried restoring the database, nothing. I disabled and removed access from google, nothing.

Please help, i am running Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Act Pro! Cannot add to Calendar, all calendar and tasks disappeared

All the tasks disappearing is something that's no uncommon with people who sync with Google - especially if using Google to then sync to a mobile device.

If sync'ing to Google, make sure you're only doing it one way (from ACT!) and that you keep regular backups

Where are you getting that error?

I'm getting the error when trying to add new appoitnments to calendar, it wont allow me to add anything to it. I uninstalled SAGE and reinstalled and still getting the error.

Do you get the same error in the demo database?
Are you adding them directly in ACT!?

No, there is no error is the Demo database, it seems to work fine

Yes, I am adding directly to ACT

I am going to try and save the database as an excel file and creat a new database and see if that works

just tried it, no luck.

Platinum Super Contributor

This issue occurs when a corrupted recurring activity from the Google calendar is synchronized into the Sage ACT! calendar. 

Note: It is recommended that you create a backup before performing any of the following steps.

Some options for resolving this issue are:

1. Create a new user within the database, do not transfer calendar items to the new user.

2. Create a new database (empty copy), export contacts to Excel > import them into new database

3. Contact Technical Support to remove all 3rd party activities (Outlook and Google for all users of database). 

4. Contact Database Services to remove the 3rd party activities (Outlook and Google for all users of database). 

Note:  Contacting Technical Support requires a valid/active support plan, it can be an annual or 1-time support plan.  Contacting Database Services is also involves a cost.  If you do not already have a valid support plan, the least expensive of these options is to purchase the 1-time support plan.  The Technical Support group can be reached at 800-927-3989.

Additional Note: If the offending activity is not removed from the Google calendar, the next synchronization will reintroduce the issue.  It is recommended to remove all reoccurring activities from the Google calendar before initiating the sync. 

Greg Martin
Sage

We have ACT 2012 Pro SP1 hotfix 6 running on a server with 4 users and 2 remote databases.

1 remote user was unable to synchronize with the Google Calendar.

Looking into the log file gives us the error: "Invalid recurrence pattern. Retrieval of named days expects day type of Named. Actual value was None"

What helped for us was:

1. Create new user in ACT!
  2. Create new user in Google which will be used only for Calendar (i.e. calendar.name@gmail.com) Share this database with your regular Google Account so you can access it on your normal account.
  3. Go to your regular Google Account and Delete/Revoke the permission in Google Security that ACT! Can synchronize, https://security.google.com/settings/security. This will delete the reregistered Google Account in ACT!
  4. Restart ACT!, login as the new user.
  5. Setup the Google Integration with the new Google account
  6. Make the old ACT! User inactive

Note:

Don't reschedule any activity for the new user, create new activities.

Oke, all activities are gone, but you can synchronize again.

All activities from the old user can still be seen in the ACT! calendar or tasklist overview

Erik