Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Sage Act Pro 2013 crashing

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Sage Act Pro 2013 crashing

I have heard a rumor that Microsoft is looking into fixing the problems that they created with .NET 4.6.1 so this may not be necessary in the future.  Hopefully that will be the case.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I found that I needed to reinstall Act after uninstalling the 4.6 updates, the 4.6 .net framework, reinstalling 4.5 and rebooting.

John

Silver Super Contributor

Other people have had that issue as well.  I think there is a setting in the APPDATA folder structure that is causing problems.  I haven't tried to research it yet but deleting the Preferences might fix the issue (they will be recreated when you start Act!) and if that doesn't work renaming the Act folder in AppData would probably do it.  Renaming the Act folder means that if there is something in the Act folder that you decide later you need you can restore it although truthfully I've never restored from the old Act folder when I renamed it either.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

My ACT Pro 2013 is also crashing when I try to attach a document.

Is this the only solution I need to do to fix this?

• Open your Windows Task Manager, and under the Processes tab, end process for "Act.Outlook.Service.exe"
  •  Click on your Windows Start button. Type in the following command: %appdata% in the Search box in the lower left of the start menu.
  • This will open the Application Data folder. In this folder open the ACT folder.
  • In this folder you should see one or more folders named Act for Windows (version#), where "version#" is the current (or previous) versions of ACT! installed on this machine.
  • Rename this folder to "Act for WindowsOLD" (rename all if more than one)
  • Reboot your machine
  • Open ACT! and test

I don't see a .NET program in my list of programs to uninstall.

Tom

Copper Contributor

Happy Days.

After this mornings W10 update I tested ACT attachment function and it worked perfect.y.

Tom

Copper Contributor

Oh well. The problem has returned on our main and remote database. ACT crashes when clicking on the Documents tab.

The %appdata%, rename file fix did not work.

Oh well....more time wasting coming up.

Tom

Copper Contributor

Anything concerning a document or email attachment causes Act to crash.

I found this statement after an hour of research: "Only Act! v18 and later will be guaranteed to be compatible with Office 2016.

We use Office 365 2016 and Act Pro 2013 V15.1.108.0.

How do I get ACT! v18?

Copper Contributor

I surrender.

ACT now crashes when trying to add an attachment.

ACT now does not let ACT Connect Outlook addin work so emails no longer attach to client records.

Two important features we  have been using for many years in our business features now useless.

At least 6 hours of time wasted researching and trying everything I'm capable of.

Tom

Platinum Elite Contributor

You would need to purchase the new version.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

That is what we ended up doing. I don't believe Swiftpage has done right by us faithful users. (Since Act 6.0). They do have a special on til the end of March.