Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Act Pro 2011 Problem

Sage Act Pro 2011 Problem

I have 2 computers one has version 2011 and the other 2008. I want to have them both reflect the same info. Is there a way to transfer info from both ACTS to the other for both computers. I want to be able to enter info in either version and have it reflected in the other. Help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Act Pro 2011 Problem

Not possible ... the different versions use different database versions. You need to have both using the same version of ACT! in order to share data

So is there no way to update the 2008 version on the 2nd computer to the 2011 version? Should I just delete the 2008 version?

You can update the ACT! 2008 database to the later version ... but then won't be able to access it in ACT! 2008

You mean if I put my 2008 info on a flash drive, then update the 2008 version with the 2011 version, I will still have to manually enter all info. Sorry I'm not a whiz at this

If you upgrade the machine with ACT! 2008 on it to ACT! 2011, it will also update the database and then both machines can share

Thank You so very much for your assistance. I truly appreciate your help. I'll probably post again...maybe a bit later. Bye