Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Act Notes Not All There. Sage Act Notes Disappear / Only Certain Users can view certain notes

Sage Act Notes Not All There. Sage Act Notes Disappear / Only Certain Users can view certain notes

After a call is placed to a client I add detailed notes in their file in the "Companies" list.  These notes are there so other people here can log in to their Act and see what was already said to that client. 

The next time that I log into Act the notes that I have added are gone.  Depending on the person here, some can see the notes that were added, some can't.  Also, there is a gap of dates when notes were added that are missing when some people log on.  Other people here log on and can see those "phantom" dates but can't pull up any other notes before or after.

I need all the notes to be seen by all the users here at all times.  I can't have the notes disappearing or only one user being able to see some notes and another user being able to see other notes.  I'm not sure what is happening or causing this "separation" or "vanishing/reappearing" of the act company notes.

Also, as a side note... What is the default username and password for the admin account?

Please Help!

Troubleshooting:

So far I ran the database repair/check tool multiple times and there seems to be no issues.

I made a new user and the same issues happen with that new user.

I made sure that the filters are all set to ALL ("Show for: All"  "Dates: All Dates" "Select Users: All Users")

I restarted Act, the server, and the user's machines here multiple times.

Info:

Server is running ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199

Office with 4 users that connect to the Act Installation on the server

Server is a Dell PowerEdge 800 running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server with Service Pack 2

P4 2.8 GHz 1 gig of ram

Computers in office are Windows XP

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Act Notes Not All There. Sage Act Notes Disappear / Only Certain Users can view certain notes

Hello advantagedave,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. For assistance with this issue, I would advise that you contact an independent ACT! Certified Consultant (ACC). To locate an ACC in your area, please see the following web page: http://na.sage.com/Sage-ACT/Partners/certified-consultants

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.