Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Act 2014 Beta

Astute Commentator

Sage Act 2014 Beta

Hi all,

Just curious as to whether anyone has heard if they will be doing a beta for 2014 as seems to be the annual tradition? Thanks!

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Sage Act 2014 Beta

i think they announced that they where not going to do the annual release any more

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Platinum Elite Contributor

There will be an ACT! 2014 release this year but there isn't any plans for annual upgrades in the future. Upgrades in the future will occur when appropriate. As to the ACT! 2014 beta, there won't be a public beta though beta testing will occur this month.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

This is certainly the option for SwitftPage, but this is also the first sign of the value of the consumer.  I hope we don't see other changes with SwitPage devaluing the user.  Since I'm in technology sales, I can't imagine how many copies of ACT sales I have influenced.

On the other hand, maybe not publishing a new version every year will allow upgrades between versions to be included as developed with fewer bugs discovered in the version upgrades.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Astute Commentator

By pubic beta you mean the one they put out on the forum that you register for?

That sucks Smiley Sad

Astute Commentator

Yah, just confirmed its only select certified constultants.

What a bummer to the community. Dissapointing.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I appreciate your feedback. 

In previous years we have had beta programs that totalled over 700 participants. Managing this group has been costly for the organization and the value has been marginal beyond the first 100 participants.

By limiting this to partners we minimize the feedback we receive but maximize the value of the content. These are consultants who can be technical and speak for 1000's of customers.  

I understand the value of individual participation, but it's not something that we can focus on this year. 

As we move closer stay tuned to our Act! Journal where I'll be sharing some videos and open up discussions on the features we are delivering. 

Thank you for the dedication you have shown. I can't wait to share what we have in store. 

Benjamin Lederer

Act! Product Manager

Copper Contributor

Quick question...since beta has started...what is your upgrade policy if someone is about to purchase act!?...c'mon...you knew it was coming Smiley Happy
Bronze Elite Contributor

We offer upgrade pricing when the new version comes out. 

We also sell Business Care, which along with several other benefits give you upgrade assurance to the next version. 

Avid Listener

It appears my ability to post new items on the board no longer exists.  ACT! 16 is being actively promoted for sale now, but I don't see any pricing for upgrades or anything related to past year's beta tester pricing if that is different.  When will upgrade pricing be available?

Thanks,

Ralph