Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Act 2011 installed on SBS 2011 server as sync server, can I get around the program needing to be logged in?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Sage Act 2011 installed on SBS 2011 server as sync server, can I get around the program needing to be logged in?

Hi,

Have just moved our Act 2011 database to an SBS2011 server. Can I get synchronisation to work on the laptops without having to have Act loaded and logged in on the server?

I know servers dont often restart but I dont really want Act sitting there just waiting for sync's to run.

thanks

Adrian

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author hutchweb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Act 2011 installed on SBS 2011 server as sync server, can I get around the program needing to be logged in?

[ Edited ]

Hello Adrian,
Do you have the Pro or Premium version installed? If you have Premium, you can install the Network Sync Service (from your installation disk or download) to manage sync while ACT! is closed. If you have Pro, then ACT! and the database will need to be left open on the server for sync to occur.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author hutchweb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Act 2011 installed on SBS 2011 server as sync server, can I get around the program needing to be logged in?

[ Edited ]

Hello Adrian,
Do you have the Pro or Premium version installed? If you have Premium, you can install the Network Sync Service (from your installation disk or download) to manage sync while ACT! is closed. If you have Pro, then ACT! and the database will need to be left open on the server for sync to occur.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

It depends what version of ACT you're running.  Pro uses the application sync for RDB, which means you need to have ACT open on the server.  Premium version uses a network sync service (separately installed) so you don't need to have act open on the server.  You should install act on the server though, however please be aware that ACT 2011 is not supported under sages compatibility matrix for SBS 2011.

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au

Many thanks,  we have Pro so that answers it!