Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Act! 2011 Premium (SP1 HF2), MS Office / Outlook 2010 SP1 Addin / Integration issues

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Act! 2011 Premium (SP1 HF2), MS Office / Outlook 2010 SP1 Addin / Integration issues

The problem for ACT! is that some of the third-party components used haven't been upgraded ... Also, to do an x64 version, means maintaining two completely different code-bases. Additionally, there is virtually no advantage to a database app like ACT! to be on x64 unless handling 50+ concurrent users.
Until a much larger percentage of the user base are using those sorts of numbers, there is little incentive to Sage to have the separate code base.

No, I installed Office 2010 on this system clean after a reformat
Copper Contributor

Re: Sage Act! 2011 Premium (SP1 HF2), MS Office / Outlook 2010 SP1 Addin / Integration issues

That is strange. I've managed to get the icons to appear by using the demo database with Office 2003. I'm just going to install 2010 over the top of it.
Copper Contributor

Yup the icons are retained doing it this way.

Hmmm ... will keep my eye open to see if anyone else reports something similar. But nothing I've heard of so far
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have isolated this to being an issue/conflict between ACT and the Windows Firewall. Having looked into it in depth across Office 2003/2010 with and without service packs, integration with ACT doesn't occur unless the Windows firewall is disabled.

Hello Rick,
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, it's not a good idea to completely disable the Windows Firewall. Try instead adding exceptions for ActSage.exe, Act.Outlook.Service.exe, Act.Outlook.Sync.exe, and ActEmail.exe (in C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows). You may also need to add an exception for "sqlserver.exe" in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.ACT7\MSSQL\Binn.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Greig,

We're exclusively using Win7/Vista now.  Unfortunately, after following the act kb article http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19420, I was still unable to integrate with ACT, and the only method was to completely disable the Windows Firewall for Work/Domain connections.

We do still have Avast ISS firewall protecting the computers, so I feel less uneasy, but it's not ideal, however, it's currently the only solution that works.