Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Act 2010 , Windows 7 Professional, Microsoft Office 2010

Sage Act 2010 , Windows 7 Professional, Microsoft Office 2010

Dear Sage,

I have just bought a new i7 laptop from Dell and purchased 2010 Sage Act Pro with the system.  I am receiving the software today ahead of the system but am concerned it will not work with Microsoft Office Home and Business or Windows 7 Professional  64 bit.  If this program is not going to work with 2010 Outlook (email, calendar), Excel, etc.  or Windows 7  I want to know it now so I can send the product back to Dell.  I assumed (and you know what that means)  that 2010 Sage Act Pro would work with Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7.  Please fill me in on the details as right now I fell short changed.

John

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage Act 2010 , Windows 7 Professional, Microsoft Office 2010

Windows 7 is no problem. I'm running ACT! 2010 on 64-bit Windows 7. Office 2010 is a problems for ACT! 2010. ACT! 2011 now released. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am currently running into a problem on one of our machines running 2010 office home and business on a windows 7 machine with Act! 2012. the current install will not connect to outlook. I get a msg saying that act knows outlook is installed and it tries to run Act.outlook.repair.exe the repair is not successful in repairing the error. I have tried repairing outlook and then reinstalling act but still no luck

Note: I am running Act! 2012 premium

Platinum Super Contributor

What is the error message it presents?

Is Office installed as 32 or 64bit?  It must be 32bit.  

Have you disabled UAC (KB Article 25665) and tested?  

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently the issue is the way Office was installed. Outlook.exe does not exist due to MO Virtualization Handler. Not really sure why office was installed this way. It was a preloaded machine...(now it makes sense...for some stupid reason office was installed as 64bit!!)