Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Accounts tab has vanished

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sage Accounts tab has vanished

Running ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1. I think ACT must have done some sort of update last week. Now the tab that links me to Sage 50 Accounts has vanished. I'm still linked to the accounting programme, the menu at the top of the screen is still there and has all it's functions. It'll still update linked contacts for example.

What i've lost is the ability to go to the tab and view accounts history or create an invoice for example.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author gtdc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sage Accounts tab has vanished

If I read your issue correctly, only the Sage Accounts tab has vanished... all other tabs remain.  If that is correct, have you tried a different layout?

If this is a Windows 7/Vista computer, try using the 'Run as administrator' option: Close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator' > look for tab.

Note: There haven't been any updates issued for ACT! 2010 in quite a while, but that isn't to say that you couldn't have just applied an existing update.  However; I doubt that an ACT! update was applied, because you would have had to initiate the update manually.

If this database is used by others, are they also having the same issue?

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Super Contributor

Bumping this up in the hope of some help.

I notice from other threads that some people have a similar problem with their notes tab vanishing.

Solution
Accepted by topic author gtdc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

If I read your issue correctly, only the Sage Accounts tab has vanished... all other tabs remain.  If that is correct, have you tried a different layout?

If this is a Windows 7/Vista computer, try using the 'Run as administrator' option: Close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator' > look for tab.

Note: There haven't been any updates issued for ACT! 2010 in quite a while, but that isn't to say that you couldn't have just applied an existing update.  However; I doubt that an ACT! update was applied, because you would have had to initiate the update manually.

If this database is used by others, are they also having the same issue?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

It's very odd. I'm the sole user, haven't changed layouts (will look and see if it's there in my non custom layout).

Something has changed with ACT - have noticed some other stuff like for example, using the print labels dialogue always used to default to the last labale layout used - now it doesn't. Ditto for mailmerge - it no longer defaukls to the last one used.

Using Windows XP.

Thanks for the pointers.

Copper Super Contributor

Updated to say - GMartin - you are a genius. I went back to the previous layout - the tab was there - then went back to my custom one - the tab is back.

Thank you. problem solved.