Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! has stopped working.

Sage ACT! has stopped working.

Hi

I am running Sage ACT! 2011, SP1 HF 6 (version 13.1.111.0. MS Office 2010 32 bit version.Also running Quickbooks. Windows 7, 64 bit, 10 GB memory, 1.5TB disk- practically empty.

I reinstalled everything on a new system. I installed QuickBooks 2012 first because of known problems if it gets installed after installing Act!. I did have office 2010 64 bit, but learned that did not function with Act!.

I had everything working fine. No problems. Then, last week, I decided to add some names from outlook to QB. Items from the Outlook address book came over and entered into QB.

Late that night I did an email merge and when I went to shut down I got the "Sage ACT! has stopped working. Windows is lookinjg for a solution) box. I was tired and decided not to mess with it.

Over the last few days, I have found I get this message AFTER Act! has had some interaction with Outlook. If I try to initiate an email, or if it does an auto-sync with Outlook, and then I exit Act!, I get the message. Of course Act! stopped working, I shut down the program  :-)  It seems Act! is awfully sensitive to any changes. It reminds me of that old John Cleese line from "Who Sold You This, Then" where he says to a customer, "You've been using this, haven't you?"

I run the DB Maintenance tool everyday (on the scheduler) as well as backups. There doesn't seem to be any problems with the syncing. QB only interacted with Outlook. So, I don't know if there is something that may be interacting with the three programs.

has anyone seen something like this?

Thanks,

Russ

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage ACT! has stopped working.

Hello Russ,
If this only happens when using Outlook, there may an add-in in Outlook that is conflicting with ACT!. Try disabling all third-party add-ins in Outlook except ACT! and see what happens. If the issue goes away, then you can re-enable the other add-ins on at a time to see where the conflict occurs.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

All of a sudden this problem cropped up for me this week.  I uninstalled and re-installed and no luck.  The ol' ACT sync with Outlook issue.  An issue that has been a problem forever.  I know, beccause I've been using ACT for over twenty years.  I've had an Outlook sync problem from day one with ACT 2012 and tech support is unable to solve it, even after remotely logging in to my machine.  The problem didn't get elevated in support.  It got dropped.  Ignored.  Even after several attempts of mine to get help.  I'm trying all the suggested fixes I see in this forum and on the internet and none work.  Remember what they used to say about Jaquar owners?  They hated the problems they had with Jaguars but were the first ones in line when the new ones came out.  That's me and ACT.  Love the program, but ...

Copper Contributor

Aaahhh, sounds like you too have a bi-polar relationship with ACT!

We are not having a problem with ACT! not working but periodically the Windows 2008 R2 server is rebooting.  The server gets a blue screen and creates a generic dump, so we don't have clues as to what is going on.

The reason I'm responding to this particular post is that it mentions "I installed QuickBooks 2012 first because of known problems if it gets installed after installing Act!."  The Windows 2008 R2 server has been functioning find with ACT! for a number of months.  However, within the last month we installed QuickBooks Enterprise version 12.  Since that time we started encountering these reboots.  We are NOT connecting QuickBooks to ACT!.  We have done the usual troubleshooting--updating all drivers, downloading latest software updates, disabled any unused services in QuickBooks, etc.  Today we will be addressing the power supply.

So, what I'm seeking is more information in regards to known issues with the co-existence of QuickBooks Enterprise version 12 (or QuickBooks 2012) with ACT! and any resolutions.   I believe the version of ACT! is 2011.

Thanks!

JKI

I am getting the Sage ACt! has stopped working when I close the program

It is annoying and I want to stop it, but how

There is no point it asking Act for tech support, they issue a bug and then ask us to pay to find out how to fix it.

I won't play that game.