Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! has stopped working when the ACT! shortcut is placed in the Startup folder Windows 7

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Sage ACT! has stopped working when the ACT! shortcut is placed in the Startup folder Windows 7

Just recently went to Windows 7 and I like to have items in my Startup folder. When I place the ACT! shortcut in my Startup folder, upon login I get "Sage ACT! has stopped working." I can close that and then just open my ACT via the shortcut just fine but I would like for it to work from my startup folder. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author lspeeks
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage ACT! has stopped working when the ACT! shortcut is placed in the Startup folder Windows 7

I'm sure it will work with some machines, but may not for others. It depends on the startup routine (speed, order of services) for the particular machine and O/S. These variables are what prompt me to not recommend it, since we have no control over this.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Sage ACT! has stopped working when the ACT! shortcut is placed in the Startup folder Windows 7

Hello lspeeks,
This may be due to SQL Server not being started at the time ACT! is booted up during startup. Usually it is not necessary to add ACT! to your startup as there is already a prestart routine for ACT! during bootup. I would advise removing ACT! from your startup folder.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

[ Edited ]

Ghollister, Thank you so much for your reply! I understand what you are saying about the SQL server not being started right away. My only problem is that it did work on XP and this is actually for a member in my company and he would like this opening up when he logs in to windows.

Solution
Accepted by topic author lspeeks
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I'm sure it will work with some machines, but may not for others. It depends on the startup routine (speed, order of services) for the particular machine and O/S. These variables are what prompt me to not recommend it, since we have no control over this.

Greig Hollister