Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT Pro 2012 is asking me to register again but wont accept my SN

Sage ACT Pro 2012 is asking me to register again but wont accept my SN

Hello,

Im new to Sage Act 2012 for a couple months now.  I purchased the Pro software after my trial.  Been using it for over a month now, and just yesterday as I logged in it asked to register the product, again.  Upon entering the SN, I get a "We are unable to register ACT. You can continue using ACT ad a trial version for 0 days...."

Customer support sent me to this community.  I'm extremely annoyed with the support Sage has given me with this matter. Any help would be great from anyone out there.

Thanks

-Alex

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sage ACT Pro 2012 is asking me to register again but wont accept my SN

Hello Alex,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

If you are using a Windows 7 (or Vista) operating system, it may be as simple as running with the 'Run as administrator' option.  To do this: right click on Sage ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator'.  If still prompted, attempt to register.

If that does not resolve the issue, it may be damaged registration files.  Here is an article with further instructions if needed: KB Article 14245

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks Greg.  This did not work though - the "Run as Admin..".  Still getting the same error message I mentioned previously.

I'll try to go through the other path you mentioned, but not having any luck so far.  If I completely reinstall Act, im assuming I'll delete the hundreds of hours I've already worked in with it correct?  Or can I back up the database to an extrernal HD or something...?

Platinum Super Contributor

The contacts are contained within a database, which is separate from the program files. Assuming the database is in the default location, uninstalling/reinstalling will not affect your database.

The steps in the article don't actually uninstall the program, they just delete the registration files which are recreated when the program is launched..
Greg Martin
Sage