Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! Pro 2012: What is best way for me to use my laptop at a remote location?

Sage ACT! Pro 2012: What is best way for me to use my laptop at a remote location?

[ Edited ]

Just joined and have installed Sage Act pro 2012 on office system.. What is best way for me to use my laptop at a remote location from time to time.   kpockets

[edit: updated Subject to match question]

Bronze Super Contributor

ThatRe: Sage ACT! Pro 2012: What is best way for me to use my laptop at a remote location?

That's one of those "it depends" kind of questions...

Simplest way may be to use a remote access tool to remote in to your office PC.  This avoids having to install another copy of ACT! on your notebook and setting up data sync.

But, that may be a problem if you do not have an internet connection when you want to use ACT!...

Alternatively, you could install ACT! on your laptop and set up syncrhonization.

Here's a starting point in the Knowledge base: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21832

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ThatRe: Sage ACT! Pro 2012: What is best way for me to use my laptop at a remote location?

It really does depend what sort of access you want and require.

I'd always suggest a remote synchronizing database however, as per the instructions outlined in the KB provided by Scott.

For example, if you're a sales person that is on the road, and you don't have any internet access, you can use the remote database created on your notebook and simply synchronize the data and changes you've made, once you're back in your office and on the network that contains your main publisher database.

If you wish to work from a remote location and wont physically be back in the office then you should look at setting up a VPN connection, for use with the synchronizing database.

I hope this helps.

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au