Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 not checking 2nd database when attaching emails

Bronze Contributor

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 not checking 2nd database when attaching emails

I just installed ACT! 2011 Pro for a client who is using Outlook 2010.  She has 2 databases, so I entered the two databases and logins into the Email Tab in Tools Preferences and set one as the default.  It is attaching emails to the default database without problems, but it does not seem to be checking the 2nd database and as a result, no emails are attaching to the 2nd database.  I should mention that no contact is in both - you're either in one or the other.

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of the ability to add more than one database?  What's the point of the default?

Signature
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sage ACT! Pro 2011 not checking 2nd database when attaching emails

The Quick Attach process will only record history to the default address book.  You can use the 'Attach to Act! Contact' icon to select the appropriate address book when attaching an individual email.

With multiple databases you would set the default to the database that is most commonly used.  Another option is to attach emails in batches (using Quick Attach) - change the default and attach the appropriate emails, then change the default to a different database and attach it's emails.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Contributor

Greg,

You said the 'Quick Attach' process will only record history to the default address book.

But what about act.outlook.service.exe that runs in the system tray - this is what I'm concerned about.  Will it also only record to the default?

Signature
Platinum Super Contributor

The automated processes for attaching emails will only search the default database.  This includes emails initiated from a non-default database.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Elite Contributor

Kevin,

Like you have figured, it seemed to me as  counter-inuitive. Why bother with a list if you can only work with one at a time?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Contributor

Graeme,

My sentiments exactly - what's the point ?

Signature